Thursday, March 31, 2011

Home visits...


I think that one of my favorite parts of working here in El Salvador is making home visits. The people are always warm and welcoming, no matter how small or simple their house may be.
In February, we were able to make several home visits with Jesus and one will always be especially poignant to me. When we visited in the home of Ernestina, a sister from San Ignacio, she loved joining with us in song. Her eyes are very weak and she had a hard time reading the words but she sang out and it was obvious her heart was in her singing. She said she loved our time visiting with her and that it blessed her, but it was equally--if not more so--a blessing to our family. I was able to snap a couple of candid shots while we were with her. One of them is of her singing and the other is of her gorgeous hands holding her Bible during our devotional time with her. Both are treasures to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment